6th GRADE WORLD HISTORY
Welcome to my online classroom. Below you will find information about our new weekly Zoom meetings and Class Assignments for each week. You will also find information about the Bonus Point Assignments which will total 100 points that will go towards the 3rd Nine Weeks average. Please remember all Assignments, Zoom meetings, and Bonus Points are not mandatory, and your student will not be penalized for not completing.
My daily OFFICE HOURS are Monday through Friday from 9:30am until 10:30am. This is when I will be available to reply to emails that parents or students might have about the assignments. If you have questions/concerns outside of my office hours, you may still send me an email and I will reply to you the following day. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks so much and God bless,
Coach Kristin Canal-Norris
WEEKLY ZOOM MEETING/CLASS TIME:
8:45am – 9:15am
MEETING CODE: 987-3301-9900
1. Dress code – must be modest and appropriate
2. Eliminate distractions and focus on the lesson - no food, pets, or friends
3. Sit at a table or desk with good lighting and have paper and pen ready for notes
4. Make sure your video is on and you are visible with no distracting or inappropriate backgrounds
5. Eliminate background noise by muting your mic unless speaking
6. Participate in discussion and share with others
7. Use Zoom’s chat function for questions and comments during a lecture
8. Encourage other classmates to join zoom meetings
9. If not using your cellular device for the meeting, please do not be on it during the lecture.
Bonus Points (All due no later than Wednesday, May 13th by 11:59 PM CST.
Bonus Points for Students with No Computer and/or Internet Access:
Assignments for the WEEK OF MAY 11th through MAY 15th :
For weekly assignments, we will be using the same STUDIES WEEKLY website that is being utilized for Bonus Points. The login information will be the same.
For this week, you will be working on and completing the following lessons under 6th grade Social Studies. Students can read all of the provided articles, watch the videos, complete the games and puzzles, and check your understanding by using the worksheets included, as well.
Week 19: Christianity
Week 20: Islamic Empire
Week 28: Wrapping It Up
This assignment will complement the material that will be covered during our Zoom meeting. Worksheet/Weekly Assessment answers can be emailed to me upon completion. Please be sure to label with STUDENT NAME, WEEK #, and TITLE, NUMBERS 1-10 with answers in CAPITAL LETTERS.