Welcome to my online classroom. Below you will find information about our new weekly Zoom meetings and the assignments that go along with it. You will also find information about the Bonus Point Assignments which will total 100 points.
My “Virtual Office Hours” are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30-10:30. This is when I will be available to reply to emails that parents or students might have about the assignments. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade Social Studies
Meeting Time/Date: Wednesdays 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Meeting Code: 865 328 2200
- Be prepared to discuss the following topics:
- The Mississippi River’s role in our state’s history
- The cultural influences on our state (French, Spanish, British, African, etc)
- The Impact of the Antebellum Era, Civil War, and Reconstruction on our state
- The economic impact of different indusries (Oil, Seafood, Tourism, etc)
- Our state’s future
- Log on to Zoom at the designated time above to discuss as a class
Battle of New Orleans:
Civil Rights Movement:
Bonus Points (All due no later than Wednesday, May 13th by 11:59 PM CST.
- Go to the following website https://app.studiesweekly.com/online/
- Enter Username: RM@opsb.net and then the Password: 1234 (everyone will log in using this info)
- Under Social Studies, select 6th Grade (this is the closest grade for us to use). You will next select the appropriate week according to the schedule below.
- You have 4 “Weeks” that you need to complete (Weeks 2, 24, 26, and 28)
- Once you locate the correct week, click on it.
- Scroll down to “Worksheets”
- Click on the “Weekly Assessment”
- Write down the answers to the questions based on the associated articles or other resources.
- Once you have completed all 4 Weeks assignments, please send ONE email with the answers to me at email@example.com. They are all due no later than Wednesday, May 13th by 11:59 PM CST. Make sure each Week’s Assessment is individually numbered 1-10 and individually labeled by week. No late work will be accepted.
Bonus Points for Students with No Computer and/or Internet Access:
- For students with no internet service....Students without devices/internet are encouraged to check out a device from the school on Monday, 4/20 from 10am-12pm (1 per family) and take advantage of the free internet service from Comcast. (Link to Comcast offer is on the Home Learning tab at opsb.net)
- Students without computers or internet: Preview the LPB TV Programming Guide to find shows that would be appropriate for our 8th Grade Social Studies classroom and view sometime between 12-5pm. Student should watch a program closely related to Social Studies and write a summary of the program. They need to turn in the summaries to me by email or the drop-off box outside the CMS front doors.
7th Grade SS
- We will be holding Social Studies ZOOM classes weekly on Wednesday afternoons at 2:00-2:30.
- Our ZOOM classes will be in conjunction with Coach Toms’s 7th Grade classes
- You can download the ZOOM app on your phone or you can access it on a computer https://www.zoom.us/
- Locate “Join a Meeting” and enter the following information:
- Meeting ID: 865 328 2200
- Password: CMS2020
- I will also have the following office hours in which you can contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions you might have.
Office Hours: MWF 8:30-10:30 AM
I will be available during these hours to answer/respond to emails. Grades, assignments, how-tos, or anything else you need to speak with me about.
- There is also a bonus opportunity available. It will be worth 100 BONUS points. The parish has decided to average your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd 9 weeks grades to get your 4th 9 weeks grade. The bonus points you earn will be added in before the average.
I have attached a document that explain our ZOOM etiquette, and one that explains how to do the BONUS Assignment.
- Click here for ‘BONUS Opportunity explained’
- Click here for ‘ZOOM Etiquette’
6-8 Physical Education
Parents and Students,
Over the new 4 weeks, the PE Department will be posting a weekly workout plan that students are able to do at home with no equipment needed. These workouts are posted to keep the students moving and physically active while at home during the Covid-19 closures and are a great way to burn some energy. Workouts will be posted by Monday morning of each week. Workouts will be posted on this page under the WEEKLY WORKOUT PLAN section. These workouts are not for a grade and are not mandatory.
During this time, I will be available to answer any questions or concerns you have in regards to my class. I can be reached during my office hours that are posted below via e-mail.
WEEKLY WORKOUT PLAN
Always begin your workout with a warm-up and stretches. A sample one is provided below and can be used daily.
*Repeat 2 times through*
30 Jumping Jacks
20 Air Squats
10 Toe Touches with Straight Legs
5 Big Arm Circles Forward
5 Big Arm Circles Backward
These are the same stretches we did in class.
*Hold each stretch for 10 seconds
1.Right arm across
2.Left arm across
3.Right arm over top
4.Left arm over top
5.Legs out and stretch down to Right Foot, Middle, and Left Foot
6.Butterfly leg stretch seated on the ground
7.Legs out and stretch to Righ Foot, Middle, and Left Foot
*Can add any stretches on your own that you would like to further stretch yourself before beginning the workout.
One mile run for time. Be sure to keep up with your time. Goal is to improve on this over time. If you need to walk some, do so, but then begin your run again. A good start approach is to Run for one minute, walk for 30 seconds to one minute.
You can measure your distance by using any of the following ways.
2.App on Iphone (ex. Map My Run)
3.Measure distance using a vehicle's trip mileage count before beginning your run.
Beginner HIIT Workout *see picture for details*
Louder Than Words *see picture for details*